Wednesday, May 18, 2005

God, yeah I said it.

So, the word for today children, is Study. Study to show thyself approved. Yes, I'm talking about the Bible and I'm talking about God. Not religion (dirty word these days), or spirituality (that's a tricky trap). I'm talking about a relationship with God. Big G.

Disclaimer: This blog is not going to become my self righteous soap box to condemn everyone who doesn't "believe what I believe." I will pray for wisdom so as not to become proud, but always a servant of God, doing His will. In all things I try will to better myself, not to look down on others. Hopefully, I can be a living example of what God can do, in that He will get the credit and the glory. The final choice will be yours.

Oh my goodness! What is all this about? Where is this coming from? I took that final step and made a conscious decision to make my faith my first priority. I was raised in the church, but I realized recently that my relationship with God was superficial at best.
I went to church when it was convenient and rarely studied the Word. When I did good I wanted credit from people, so they could see that I was a good person. It wasn't for God.
Most of what I knew about Jesus was what I heard other people say. I really didn't know anything substantial. The problem with that was whenever people who didn't believe in God or didn't have a personal relationship with Jesus asked me about my faith or questioned my beliefs, I faltered.
I was still doing almost all the things nonbelievers do. God wasn't getting any glory from my life.
So the question became, how can I ever expect to know for myself if I don't Study for myself?
Faith is personal, it can't be second hand.
Before, I wanted God to work around me and my will, but it doesn't work that way. It can't. He must come first and I have to conform myself to Him. Which is okay because he is God after all. If anyone knows what they are doing it's Him, right?
There are dozens of "religions" and philosophies, but none of them give you a relationship with your creator. None of them will ever give you true purpose, peace for today or hope for the future.

I'll tell you more later. Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home