Friday, April 21, 2006

Closer...

Not where you’re supposed to be
Exactly where I want you
Knowing what you think of me
You’re wondering if I’ll stay true

Sometimes mistrust can rule the day
Create a wall between us
But in our hearts we want to play
And know we truly can trust

We’ll find a way to one another
Closer each day to each other

Closer than the day before
As we both give a little more

I’ll give you what you need from me
I’ll show you what you need to see

You give me what I need from you
Love grows strong as we push through

Less fear, less pride, less doubt, less self
Putting childish ways upon a shelf

To feel your heart is safe and sound
I swear an oath, to you I’m bound.

Tear down the wall
And learn to trust
Our love, a gift to both of us.


That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home