Monday, June 12, 2006

Dormats & Crap: A Love Story

A doormat.
You know what a doormat is.
You wipe your feet on it.
Dirt, grass, mud, snow.
Whatever other crap attaches itself to the bottom of shoes.
You stomp it into the doormat.
It lets you.
It's just a doormat.
That's what it's there for.
That way you can have clean shoes to step on the indoor carpet.

I once heard a story about a doormat.
One day it decided enough is enough.
I want to be indoor carpet.
No more stomping crap into me.

It said, "No more of this"
When its owner tried to step on it
The doormat swept to the side in one quick motion
Knocking him off balance
Sending him crashing to the ground

The owner of the doormat was quite displeased.
The doormat thought "I've made my point clear.
Now I will be brought inside the house."

Can you guess what happened?

Sadly, that little doormat found itself in the garbage.

How foolish.


After all, what good is a doormat
That you can't stomp your crap into?


That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home