Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I wanna be rich when I grow up...

I believe I mentioned once before that I have a stalker-like crush on Allen Iverson. That being said, let me tell you about a Sixers games I attended recently.
My mother's birthday was March 30th so we got tickets for the family to a Sixers games at the Wachovia Center. Club box seats. Maybe you are familiar with club boxes. They are on their own floor with a separate escalator, guards, attendants and all that good stuff. They are like little hotel suites. We had an open buffet, private bar complete with bartender. We even had our own bathrooms!!

The only way they could be better is if they were closer to the court. They are kind of high up. But still, I like that feeling of superiority to the common man. I'm pretty sure I was royalty in a former life. Like an Egyptian princess or something.
Ordinarily, if I am in the presence of Allen Iverson (even in a crowded arena) I am complete enthrawed. Following his every breath and step, silently worshipping him like a heathen. That night, though, I didn't pay that much attention, they lost to Dallas anyway. I made sure to yell my usual obscenities to the other team and shout cat calls at Iverson, but not with the same enthusiasm. I booed the cheerleaders, or the dance squad or whatever they call those jumping sluts. They were terrible. Not stitch of rhythm in the bunch. People seem to confuse the ability with follow choreography with actual dancing. If you're counting "..2,3,4.." while you do the steps you are NOT dancing. They did the entire routine off beat, yet still completely in synch. Hilarious. I have a love/hate relationship with cheerleading. As a former cheerleader I respect it as a sport, because I know how exciting and challenging it can be. It just pisses me off when people use it as an excuse to make skinny rhythmless tarts bounce around half dressed. I forgot where I was going with this...
Oh, yes, I must be rich. It is my destiny. I want an apartment in Rittenhouse Square, I want the Mercedes SL600 Roadster and a Jaguar S-Type. I want to vacation in exotic exclusive resorts and have people wait on me and kiss my ass. Yeah, that will be sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home