Saturday, March 26, 2005

Close My Eyes

I was wayward child with the weight of the world that I held deep inside
Life was a winding road and I learned many things little ones shouldn't know

But I closed my eyes
Steadied my feet on the ground
Raised my head to the sky
And though time's rolled by
I still feel like a child
As I look at the moon
Maybe I grew up a little too soon

Funny how one can learn to grow numb to the madness and block it away
I left the worst unsaid let it all dissipate and I try to forget
Nearing the edge, obvious I almost fell right over
A part of me will never be quite able to feel stable
That woman-child falling inside was on the verge of fading
Thankfully I woke up in time

Guardian angel I sail away on an ocean
With you by my side
Orange clouds roll by
They burn into your image
And you're still alive (You're always alive)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home