Monday, March 21, 2005

Kind of Nice...

When that guy that I really like calls me just to see how my day is going.
When one of my sisters offers to keep my son for a day so I can have some time to myself.
When I see my parents kiss and show affection to each other after being together over 30 years.
When I step outside this time of year and can really smell spring in the air.
When my son runs up and hugs me and tells me he loves me and doesn't want anything in return except my attention.
When I'm annoyed and stressed at work and one of my favorite song comes on the radio. For those 4 minutes I'm able to pretend I'm not here.
When a friend I haven't heard from in a while sends me an e-mail to tell me they were thinking of me.
Laying in the grass on a warm summer day soaking the sun in through my skin.
Enjoying an ice cream cone and NOT worrying that it will make me fat.
Shuffling around my apartment in my soft fluffy slippers.
Taking a nap.
Sharing a laugh with coworkers.
Laughing at my coworkers.
Fresh hot lasagna. With garlic bread.
Fresh hot coffee in the morning.
When my niece laughs.
Spending time talking with my dad and feeling like his little girl again.
Spending time talking with my dad and realizing that he finally sees me as a grown woman.
Dancing in my living room like nut.
Singing at the top of my lungs in my car (with the windows rolled up)
Letting myself cry when I need to.
Making myself laugh when I need to.
Knowing that no matter how bad life may seem, there are people that will always love me.
Knowing that everything will be okay (Thanks Nas)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home