Friday, March 25, 2005

Friday...

This week has been pretty uneventful. That is why as opposed to writing anything I just posted the lyrics to some of my most favorite songs. As much as I would like to take credit, I did not write any of them. Even still, they are a peek into my heart and mind.
The song Cry I posted "For Travis" exactly describes how I feel about my son's father. After all the stuff he has put my son and me through, I just wish I could sense a little remorse on his part. I need to know that all that I have gone through at his hand was not entirely in vain.
I posted Never In Your Sun by Stevie Wonder. I've loved that song since I was a child. There have been times in my life when I felt like my existence was just a series of disappointments and pain. During those times God sent people to me to show me that life will go on, and that something beautiful can be waiting if you hold on long enough. These people stay in my life for only a season and then are gone, but leave a mark on my heart that never goes away.
Wild Horses was originally a Rolling Stones song, but I fell in love with a remake by the Sundays. If I knew how to put music on this site I would use it. It may not be a "love song" technically, but it will forever remind me of being in love. The best and worst of it.
I Will Never Be the Same by Melissa Etheridge. I heard that song the first time in the movie Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael. The song tells of 2 people bonded by pain and love. They share the most intimate details of their lives and emotions, then one disappears without a trace, leaving the other standing in the shadow of the encounter with only memories. It is for Erik. Maybe someday I'll tell you why.
The Sweetest Thing by Lauren Hill!!! I think one of her best by far. Fully captures my first experience being really in love with someone. That first grown up down deep in your bones love. That feeling when love forgets you...
Jezebel by Sade. Jezebel. Oh, if only I could tell you. There are certain secrets that I will have to hold close to my heart for always.
I guess some might say it is lazy or a cop-out to post songs by other people instead of using my own words, but why spend time trying to express a sentiment when someone else has already captured it so perfectly? I will try to post my own original thoughts as often as possible, and credit the author for any and all borrowed thoughts.

Look for my next posts... Outside and Close My Eyes by Mariah Carey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home