Friday, July 15, 2005

Thinking...

So I am thinking about maybe taking my life in a new direction.
When I left Temple almost 2 years ago I did so with my tail between my legs. I got stressed out about my personal life and family problems; overwhelmed from trying to balance classes, a part time job I hated, and a child I never had energy for... I just gave up.
Very few people know this, but I failed every class that last semester. I just stopped going. I went the coward way because I just couldn't handle what my life had become. It was then that I started smoking heavy again, Ronald and I broke up. As I watched everything I had worked so hard for go up in flames I accepted the defeat like a broken victim and ran. Sure, the circumstances I was dealing with were bad, but my handling of it was worse.
So there I was 25, single mother, still living in my parents with no real plan. So I said, I'll take my little bit of education, get a real job and start my life. I decided I had been hiding out in school because I was scared to grow up. So, here I am. I have a "real" job making a decent living, paid holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation, 401k plan, reasonable health plan. I have my own apartment and my own car, cell phone, triple A card. I should feel like I'm on the right track, right? So why do I still feel so incomplete?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home