Thursday, September 29, 2005

Tony & Tamika

And then there is Tony and Tamika. Another example of why relationships are stupid and why men and women should stop wasting so much energy trying to be attached to one another.

Tony is my friend. A good guy by most accounts. He's been in a relationship with this chick for something like 6 years or so. Tamika. She seems like a cool girl, she's definitely a hottie, smart, classy, not a ghetto chick or a hood rat -she's going places.

They're both in college, but they come from 2 very different worlds. He's from the lower side of town, single parent home, no frills, you know the drill. She is upper crust, priviledged and all that.

After carrying on for the last 6 years, her parents still don't know how serious she is with him. They made it clear early on that they don't approve of him and they don't want her to be with him. I believe threats to disown her have been thrown around. When she goes home on holidays or extended visits, he can't call the house. If her parents come to visit, he has to get out of sight until they leave.

Recently Tony started getting aggressive, talking about moving in together or getting married or something, because all this out on a limb stuff is killing him. So here comes Tamika with the love declarations and all that rah rah, but what Tony needs is for her to stop avoiding the issue and be a woman. Stop filling his ears with pillow talk and make a move.

Then again, being the good man that he is, Tony doesn't want to be the cause of Tamika losing her family. He doesn't want to force her to chose him over them just to have her end up resenting him 2 years down the line. He's a smart guy. He knows marriage isn't a good idea, he know they're not ready right now, but six years is a long time to hide in someone's closet. Does she love him? Yes. Is her handling of the situation God awful? YES!

Now I live 3 hours from the epicenter of this particular shit storm, so I can only be so helpful, yet for some reason they have both come to me for advice -advice I know neither of them will actually listen to because they are dumb.

As far as I'm concerned, the real villians in the scenario are Miss Tamika's closed minded people, but unfortunately they were not available for comment. Tamika is pissing me off because this is the kind of situation that turns potentially great man into a bitter with commitment issued. So after she's finished doing a number on his heart he will be useless to any other woman. Stupid Tamika. Stupid Tamika's parents.

It is my hypothesis that men don't necessarily start out as dogs. Somewhere along the way, they get dogged.

That is all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why don't you let tony and tamika handle their relationship. You worry about you! Got that? Uuuggghhhh...(rolls eyes)Hater...

10:35 PM, October 16, 2005  
Blogger Gift From Virgo said...

I am completely content to let people live their own lives and make whatever choices they will. Tony and Tamika both came to me and asked me for my advice, and this is not the first time. They both know they are free to ignore my advice.
I shared the story because I thought it was an interesting commentary on relationships.

That is all.

1:03 PM, October 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your content on letting people live their own lives than why did you take all this time out to write a story about their personal bussiness. If they came to you for advice does that make it ok to disclose personal information and post it on the internet. If you ask me it seems like you are trying to interfere with their relationship because you don't have one of your own. It almost sounds like you want Tony for yourself. I just hate when people try to break up people who are happy. No realtionship is perfect trust me I know from dealing with a knuckle head myself. Leave Tony and Tamika alone and worry about your own problems...P.S Get a Life!

1:11 PM, October 23, 2005  
Blogger Gift From Virgo said...

Hmm... I suppose I could get defensive but I won't. I have no intention of letting anyone who I don't even know dictate what I can or cannot write on my blog. Or of getting into a debate with you, anonymous. Feel free to comment however you like. But please remember, we are all adults here, there is no need for name calling.
That is all.

1:21 PM, October 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should go ahead and write whatever you want, it's your blog. I thought the story was interesting and Tamika was being stupid, but so was Tony. But when people are in love they do stupid stuff.

12:04 PM, October 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home