Thursday, March 09, 2006

Taking a Break...

Work has been hectic lately. We had our annual (unannounced) SEC audit last week, so you know that was fun like being sodomized during a root canal. Our VP of Operations resigned last year and we fired a guy "Brian" a few months ago. I and another girl were given some of his responsibilities. Since then, they've hired a replacement yet most of the job that Brian used to do is too complicated for his replacement to do for now. I realize now, he was a pretty busy guy, no wonder he ended up getting overwhelmed -what I believe led to him getting fired. He did -uck up, but our office creates an environment where you are almost scared to say when you are being overworked. They do give a lot of benefits and compensations that other companies don't offer. It's one of those small companies where you just have to figure out a way to make it work, even though you may be juggling a work load heavy enough for 2 people.
The challenge with this industry is their is no schooling for it. Even someone with a finance or economics degree would have to start from the basics. I've been here 2 years and theres still a lot I don't know.

Anyway, my point is that I wanted to take time to catch up with my posting. If I may borrow a term from a dear friend, I know all you nonreaders out there are anxious to to know what's up in Virgoland. If you look down a few posts you'll see me posing with a handsome chocolate man who is my match. Isn't that fun?
My match, the ying to my yang. The one who makes life complicated yet more simple. I don't understand it, yet it makes sense. My match. My love. It feels good. Darn good.

I am finally back in my own place, speaking of feeling good. It's not really big, well it kind of is. The bedrooms are big, so are the kitchen and bathroom. But I don't have a dining room or eating area, that's kind of pain. I sat my kitchen table in corner with just 2 chairs for my son and me. I have 2 flights of stairs to contend with just to get to my bedroom. Which is good I suppose on account of my complete lack of physical activity otherwise. My honeybear (yes, we use petnames) has volunteered to buy me an elliptical, because I've been saying how much I want one. I feel very special. I suppose I am bragging a bit, but it's just nice to finally date someone who cares about me and wants to take care of me!! And isn't broke!! Woo hoo!!

That is all.

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home