Thursday, October 26, 2006

Still Alive

Still Alive...

The cancer of mediocrity has taken root in my character.

I seek only that which is comfortable.

My goal is that which will require the least effort on my part.

I have become complacent.

My future, as blank as the expression on my face.

No aspirations. No plan. No point.

I just am, with only my existence to validate me. I am certain I have begun to not even care or notice the weeds growing up around my immobile legs.

Wrapped up tight, pressed down, beaten and exhausted from the struggle, I can hear the shallow echo from my broken spirit. Calling from the depths of this void I've created.

Ever so faintly, she calls to me...

"I'm... still... alive!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you. It's hard to get out of that pit.

12:45 PM, August 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you'll ever see this, and you may not remember me. But I know of no other way to try to contact you, so I'm giving this a shot. I'm the girl who had a blog titled Pleasantly Confused, and in January of 2005 you had left me a comment and mentioned me in a post of yours. I've been going back and reading my old posts, and thinking about how much has changed since then. I've been reading more of your posts and they are wonderful reads. If you do see this at any point in time, my email is lovelyrita24@hotmail.com. I'm sure I'll have more to say, but I'd like to wait til I see if this works :) I hope you are doing well.

12:47 AM, November 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, do not worry stupid girl, your God will save you.

6:23 PM, March 18, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home