Friday, February 04, 2005

What's good?

For those of you who don't know, "what's good" has replaced "what's up" as a greeting. This has been today's lesson in hip hop lingo.

Anyway, it's Friday, thank God! There was a bunch of stuff I wanted to write, but I have forgotten most of it. Damn. It was good stuff too. Well, the Super Bowl is Sunday. I'm not a football fan, but since I live in Philly that's pretty much anyone can talk about these days. Philly fans are freaking psycho. If the Eagle don't win, I feel sorry for everyone in Jacksonville cause I think the fans will riot in the streets. Hell, they might riot if we win. But that's not what I wanted to talk about.
I have this friend, who I used to be very close with and I completely adored him -in a platonic type way. So, he had a thing for me or whatever, at least that's what I thought. I don't know, it was very weird. Although I thought he was awesome, I didn't want to have a romantic thing with him because I didn't have any feelings for him in that way. I tried, I swear I tried to see him that way. Anyway, when he finally accepted he would spend the rest of his life being regarded only as a friend he became more and more distant. He accused me of using him as a stand in guy, someone to keep me entertained during periods when I was single. I didn't do that intentionally, well, not consciously. I figured it's a given that when you're in a relationship you naturally have less time for friends, and when you're single you have more time for friends. We wrestled back and forth with this, and went long periods where we didn't speak.
The problem is I still think he is awesome and I miss him!! He, however seems to prefer to keep me at arms length. I hate that. I feel like I'm being punished. I mean, according to him the whole thing is water under the bridge and he has no hard feelings toward me. He even went as far as to say in hind sight he realized he didn't feel anything for me. So what's the deal?
We used to see each other everyday and talk all the time. I realize that since he lives 3 hours away it's not possible to see him all the time, but he could still call!! He only sends me e-mails when he wants advice about something, and that's hardly ever. He stinks. I supposed one school of thought is that I should say f#@% him, forget the whole thing. A real friend you woudn' t have to chase. But I don't want to. Why? I'm not sure.
He has a girlfriend now; I think she's a flake, I don't feel like getting into that whole thing, you'll just have to trust me. These days we don't really speak, but we do exchange e-mails from time to time. I find that I am a bit too happy when I see something in my inbox from him. He has a blog too, and I check the damn thing everyday. I'm such a dork. I don't know. This sucks. I want my friend back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home