Monday, August 15, 2005

Goldie Locks...


So they say blondes have more fun, and I will be testing that theory over the next couple months, because yes folks, I am now a blonde. Code name: Goldie Locks.

I have often seen other Black women with blonde hair and thought -out loud or just in my head- how stupid they looked. If God had intended brown skinned Black women to have blonde hair he would have made atleast a few naturally. I'm not talking about light skinned, mixed, half & half or other. I mean regular every day Black women. It seems we are always trying to do something to make our hair fit into the European standard for beauty. With the exception of the 1970's, when was the last time you saw Black women in any significant quantity wearing their hair the color and texture with which they were born? Even those who don't rock weaves and extention have a perm at the very least.
*for those who don't know, a perm for a Black person makes their hair straight, versus perms for White people that makes it curly.
I have said many times that one day when I am more comfortable with myself I would stop wearing weaves and extentions, and stop perming and just wear my hair the way it grows. No apologies, no excuses.
Clearly, that day is not today.
Today I am a brown skinned Black woman with long blonde hair.
I will accept that today, I am a hypocrite.
G.L.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY R.G.P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home