Friday, August 05, 2005

The necessity of having your own place

Let me make it clear that I love and respect my parents. I am fully aware of all the sacrifices they have made to help me just because they love me and want me to do well. I know it has been hard for them at times and I will always remember and honor them. Having said that, I am SOOO glad I don't have to live with them anymore. Parents are just people at the end of the day. At the end of the day my parents are annoying. I think they are the only 2 people on the planet who could tolerate each other for as long as they've been together. 

My older sister (the one who grew up in this house with me) left for college back in 1987 and has not lived here for more than a 2 month period since. She actually has anxiety about staying here for more than a few hours at a time. I used to think that was silly, but the older I get the more I understand. Were it not for my son I doubt I would come here more than once a week. Is that terrible? Probably, but damn. Those 2 are mental. Just watching them interact with each other is emotionally draining. I think it's best the two of them just stay here together til death do they part. My sister and I agreed that if Dad passes first, she would take Mom; and if Mom passes first I would take Dad. If they both live old enough that they can't take care of themselves and need to live with one of us, they are both outta luck. There is no way way I will ever EVER on purpose live with both of my parents again. 

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home